We inform you that updated guidelines are now available :
Important dates :
• 30 June, 2013 : Submission open
• 6 December 2013 : Submission deadline
• 3 January 2014 : Notifications of abstract selection results
* Participants who would like to present their work at the conference, as a poster, are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
* Abstracts have to be submitted electronically and must be written in English. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
* Details on format, presentation guidelines and information how to submit for the junior investigator award will be included in the notification letter sent out on 2 December 2013.
Please note that registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived. You can benefit from the early bird registration rate until 13 January 2014.
Junior Investigator Award:
AAREC will recognize extraordinary achievements in liver and pancreatic cancer research across disciplines and support the professional development of four junior investigators in training. The award will be given for novel and significant liver and pancreatic cancer research across the fields of basic cancer research, translational cancer research, cancer diagnosis, the prevention of cancer and cancer treatments.
The investigators who submit the best poster presentations will be honored during the Poster session & Young Physician Award on Friday 14 February 2014 from 5.30 to 7.00 pm of the Beaujon Conference.
Eligible for the Junior Investigator Awards are :
* Those who submit the best scoring clinical abstract
* Those who submit the best basic research abstract
* Under 40 years of age
Two award recipients will be granted a free Beaujon Conference 2014 registration, and a 1000 € honorarium to further their medical training and research.
* All accepted abstracts will be handed out to the delegates during the conference and available on the conference website afterwards.
* Only abstracts of registered participants will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Abstracts should be submitted in ONE of the following topics :
· Pancreatic Tumors – Molecular biology
· Pancreatic Tumors – Imaging/ radiology
· Pancreatic Tumors – Pathology
· Pancreatic Tumors – Novel treatment options
· Pancreatic Tumors – Interventional Radiology
· Primary Liver Tumors - Molecular biology
· Primary Liver Tumors – Imaging/ radiology
· Primary Liver Tumors – Pathology
· Primary Liver Tumors – Novel treatment options
· Primary Liver Tumors – Interventional Radiology
· Liver Metastases – Molecular biology
· Liver Metastases - Imaging/ radiology
· Liver Metastases – Pathology
· Liver Metastases – Novel treatment options
· Liver Metastases – Interventional Radiology
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
* The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
* The presenting author must be listed as the first author. Place an asterisk (*) behind the name of the presenting author.
* All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
* Please submit symbols as words.
* Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
* Abstract Topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific Topic. For a complete listing of abstract Topics, see chapter Topics above.
* Presenting author’s contact details :
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
* Author and co-authors’ details :
· Full first and family name(s)
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
* Abstract title – limited to 20 words in upper case
* Abstract text – limited to 500 words(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
* Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
* References are not obligatory and word count is affected by inclusion of references.
* Draft abstracts – The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
Compliance & Obligations
By submitting an abstract you comply to the following :
* I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
* Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
* I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
* I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant. Only abstracts of registered participant will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
* The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
Notification of acceptance
Acceptance or rejection of the abstract and the type of presentation (oral or poster) will be communicated to the e-mail address of the corresponding author by 3 January 2014 at the latest.